Monday, October 11, 2010

~Lucious~ (Chapter 1)

"Luc! Wake up! Hurry!"
I got up quickly and started packing my duffel bag. I'm not usually this responding right after I wake up, but I knew this was coming, so I was prepared. I stuffed everything I had -that is everything I hadn't put in the shelter- into the bag almost mechanically, and quickly.
"Come on the television says five minutes." That was my sister Margie. She was already done packing. I quickly grabbed my wallet and ran out of the door. Marg was right behind me, at least I think she was. I paused for a moment, taking in all of the fresh air I could get.
"One minute, thirty seconds" said the speaker on the light post.
"Come on Marg!"
"Right behind you!" She was tugging her duffel bag. What was in it that could be so heavy?
"Go to the elevator! I'll get your bag."
"One minute." I picked up the duffel bag and sprinted to the drop-elevator. Marg jumped in and I pressed the drop button. It feels like you are falling, but at just the right second, the elevator catches you and you gently fall the last foot. As soon as we stepped off of the pad it shot back up the two hundred foot drop.All around me people were getting out of the elevators. Children were crying, parents were wearing worried looks on their faces.
"Were lucky." Marg said suddenly.
"Our country is about to be destroyed." I retorted. I don't know why I always do that, but I have to be right about everything, and at that moment, I didn't feel very lucky. That's so like Margie to find the light in a dark situation.
"I know, I know, but we don't have to worry about anyone but ourselves." Some light.

No comments:

Post a Comment