Monday, October 11, 2010

~Rain Shine~ (Chapter 8)

I made my way through the crowd with the night vision I gave myself. I tried to figure out how and which human to approach, but everything got so confusing. Suddenly my night vision faded out. Someone knew I was here. I was going to die, if I didn't get out soon. I grabbed someones arm and pulled out of the tunnel.


"It will be fine, come with me."
"What. What's happening!"
"Just follow me." I pulled her forward, sprinting toward a forest. It was almost impossible, barely any were left. Once we emerged into a safe spot, I sat on the ground, breathing heavily.
"Hi." She was a girl with long brown hair, and a soft complexion with brown eyes. She was the right type, she was tall, and looked strong enough, lucky choice I guess.
"Hi. Um your not one of them are you?" I hated to lie, but I had to, for now.
"No. I'm here to try to stop it."
She nodded.
"Why did you pick me?" She looked concerned.
"I need your help."
"Guess I might as well, were all going to die anyway." She must of had time to think about it.
I nodded. "We have to convince the guards to take us to the center of the operation."
"Yeah, and how will we do that."
I sighed. I had to tell her it was the only way.
"I am one of them, but I don't want you to die, I'm still on your side."
"What the h311, I might as well believe anything."
I shrugged.
"But still, how will we get them to take us there."
"Mind control. Our kind have it, well here we do."
She nodded. "Lets do it, what do I have to lose."
"Your life,"
"Well that's a risk I will take." She smiled. "It's only once and a while you can try to save the world."
I smiled. "Yeah."
"What's your name?"
"Sun, yours?"
"Rain, just thought we should know each others names before we plummet towards death."
We laughed. We were both too unsure to discuss the weird connection between our names.
We shared a glance and nodded before we left the small forest into an restless war for humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment