Monday, October 11, 2010

-Wimarc "Mikey" Starr- (Chapter 4)

I wouldn't hold it against you to think of me as a four legged guard, most people do. But Sam trained and worked hard on me to make sure that wasn't all I was. He taught me things most humans would never be able to grasp, and made sure I was raised the right way. Regular meals, feet off the furniture, business gets taken care of OUTside, and of course: don't bite until you're sure they deserve it. We became best friends and trusted each other with our lives... which was why I let him experiment on me.

Sam Perfect performed one of the most dangerous exercises ever done on a dog. He replaced my heart with a human one, re-wired a part of my brain that allowed me to talk, and made me unbeatable against authority. Of course, I had a weakness, because now I had a heart. I felt things so much more intensely than I had felt them before... Pain, happiness, love, and loyalty.

Sam helped me adjust to these changes and we grew closer with each moment that passed. Now that we could communicate with words our relationship became effortless. I still trusted him with all my human heart and so did he. We laughed together, cried together, built our strength together, and slowly perfected a plan to save the world from evil together.

He knew about the governments experiments, they weren't so much unlike his own. But Sam did it for good. To better the country- not destroy it. He watched for years as they too perfected a plan... That's why we started an underground world. When the president found out, he went along with it, telling the city that it might soon get destroyed. But he didn't tell them about their plans with the people who wouldn't make it.

On that day, Sam and I made sure to protect and save as many people as we could. Time ran out. Sam was in the other world and I was not. Her voice came over the speakers. I wasn't going to get to Sam... I couldn't believe it. Four men in white and red leather came to take me once the world was dark and dead.

I was once again another experiment, but this time... I didn't trust the operator.

No comments:

Post a Comment